Sunday 26 August 2012

sheep recognize faces

At one of the villas there is a garden next next door that contains two very friendly sheep. They come to the gate and baaabaaaa at you and you can pet them. I popped by the villa today and one of the sheep was enjoying the shade of the fig tree, we stood and looked at each other for a bit, they have such lovely faces. I was chatting away to the sheep and telling her about another sheep I met on my bread run the other morning. She was in the middle of a tiny little lane I drive down, she was feasting on fallen figs and hopping along. She was missing her front right hoof so even though I had bread and papers to deliver, I decided to just chill and not rush the little hopalong. She was stuffing her cute little face with yummy figs. It was a nice moment and made my bread run quite a bit more interesting. So, I wonder if the garden sheep now recognizes my face? Anyway, enough musing about sheep....

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/11/1107_TVsheep.html

Got a pleasant last minute visit from friends that we made earlier in the season. That is indeed a very welcome surprise!! Looking forward to the next week now, should be fun!

Popular Posts