Thursday 15 November 2012

Bruises, bloody noses and other bad things


There are some bad things about doing a season and working as a chalet host (or in my case at the moment, as part of the team of helper elves that get everything organised before all the others arrive). Bruises for one, I have bruises on my knees from bed making, believe it or not. I also get bloody noses a lot. I never quite acclimatise to the dry, hot chalet environment so every morning I have a super blocked, dry nose and when I blow it it usually turns into a bloody mess. The other bad thing at the moment is tiredness and frayed tempers. All it takes is the wrong inflection in someone's voice, a certain tone or little dig and then, with me particularly, light the touch paper and stand well back. I am a fiery wee thing, a red headed Viking, that easily bursts into a rage. That just happened. I'm still angry and consequently keeping to myself, not going to the pub tonight. Angry drinking would not be good. Plus tomorrow is a busy day as 25 or so of the new staff arrive tomorrow evening.

So I shall moisturise my dry, already chapped hands from all the bathrooms I've cleaned. Lay back and stretch out my back, sore from two solid hours of hoovering. Relax and unwind, with a beer and my own moody, miserable company. Yay, oh to be a seasonaire.

Don't worry, normal service will resume shortly and I'll stop being such a mardi bitch.

Popular Posts