Friday 24 August 2012

Hellos and goodbyes

The very nature of my job and my current lifestyle means that I spend an entire season, actually an entire year practically, saying hello and goodbye. Some are easier than others and some you don't want to say at all, goodbyes especially. Guests come and go every week, some you're sad to see leave because they were fun, nice, hassle free and others, well you're not that sad for whatever reason, to see them go. I've had friends come to visit all season and those hellos were awesome and the goodbyes were hard, because it's always tough to say goodbye to your nearest and dearest. Saying bye to my Dad was hard before I came out here, but he's doing well and we talk all the time so the distance doesn't seem insurmountable and hopefully soon we'll be saying hello again, I can't wait!

Some goodbyes you know are going to be hard, because in your heart of hearts you don't want to say them but you have to, for whatever reason. So today I'm feeling a bit down because I had to do just that yesterday. Of course I hope it's not goodbye forever but it has to be for now, because that's the way things are. How I'm feeling today has frankly taken me a bit by surprise, I knew I'd be sad, but didn't realise it'd be this bad. I hope I don't feel like this for long.

My furby is bringing me pancakes in bed to cheer me up. She's a star. She has a plan, it involves a bucket of whisky, karaoke and dancing....


Popular Posts