Sunday 4 December 2011

One drink, yeah? Just ONE drink...

Isn't this how all good evenings start? OK, maybe not ALL good evenings but some certainly start that way. I just wanted one beer, sadly we're not allowed any booze in the chalets during training (apparently the debauched lot of trainees from last year ruined it for everyone!), so I had to go out last night. Think of it as part of training. If I think of it like that then I don't feel so bad about my thumping head, dry mouth and extreme tiredness. It's all part of the experience eh?! Thankfully today is the start of cooking demos, so all I have to do for most of the day is sit and watch people cooking. The only thing I have to do well at today is the welcome speech, it's my turn to do this tonight and there's some managers coming along, so I better get it right!

We had to do some presentations yesterday, my group had to do 'The Season of the Chalet Host'. We compiled a list of statistics based on an 8 person chalet and a 20 week season, and read them out. Might not sound thrilling but it was.
One season, one host.
160 guests, 160 perfect guest questionnaires ;)
140 cakes baked, 1920 meals cooked.
50 glasses broken, 600 toilets cleaned, 300 Jägerbombs consumed, 16 hissy fits pitched.
3 chalet fires, 2 ski injuries, 30 skiing days lost due to severe hangover :(
1200 eggs cracked (20 on the floor).
720 bottles of chalet wine consumed by guests (unknown quantity consumed by staff).
1400 toilet rolls fluffed, 60 new friends made... chalet hosting, best decision ever.


That last line, best decision ever, that remains to be seen but I'm positive at the moment! We were going to include a line about how many new people you sleep with or "countries conquered", but we thought we'd best keep it clean for management. ;)



Popular Posts