Sunday 4 December 2011

Public speaking

It turns out I'm quite good at it. Though to be fair, I probably could've told you that. The thing is I have zero confidence in myself and when I persistently get chosen to give presentations, to stand up in front of crowds and talk, to get up in front of a class and teach, I somehow always pull it off but question why people keep asking me!? I wonder how it is that you can be good at something and have zero confidence in your own ability? I had to do my version of the "welcome speech" to the chalet guests tonight and apparently I passed with flying colours. Not only was it to my chalet mates, it was to our trainers and two special guests - one a legendary chalet host within the company and the other, the financial director of the company, yikes! Actual feedback from the night "I've never heard a more smooth flowing, natural sounding and friendly first welcome speech ever. Well done, you have set the bar high for your fellow trainees".

I rock. Fact.

I'm also drunk. Fact.

And that's probably why I'm a cocky twat at the moment! Let's see how my first cooking session goes on Tuesday... *she says preparing to fall flat on her face, give people food poisoning and eat humble pie*

Popular Posts