Sunday 21 July 2013

Island life



Have decided that my early morning bread/pastries/paper delivery to the villas is a combination of Challenge Anneka & Indiana Jones interspersed with short World Rally stages through the narrow country lanes (where you have to watch out for dogs, goats and donkeys). The objective is to get in and out without the guests seeing you, if they do, they set you challenges. Trick is to park outside the gates, leave your engine running, at the ready you zap the gate open, mad dash to the breakfast table, dump the goodies and then run like the wind back to the gate before it closes, squeezing through just in time - that's a triumph.


Once it's done I get to drive home along the bay, between Alcudia and Puerto Pollensa. Some mornings I bring my breakfast, park up halfway along the bay and sit on the rocks looking out to sea while I have my morning repast. It makes me feel so lucky that I get to be here and all the guest issues melt away and so do all my other cares and worries. To just sit there and greet a new day in this gorgeous setting.


Popular Posts