Thursday 5 April 2012

between two lungs and cosmic love

Yesterday was day off. I rode alone and I loved it. I listened to music whilst riding for the first time this season and I wonder now why I didn't do it before. My playlist consisted of Florence and the Machine, Ladyhawke, Friendly Fires, Kate Nash and Aloe Blacc. There were a couple of moments when the music just made the day amazing. At the top of the mouille au chat chair, standing there on the ridge between the ranfoilly bowl and the chamossiere, the mountains shrouded in low clouds with Florence singing between two lungs, it was an awesome moment. Valleys full of trees are in actual fact just like lungs, the lungs of the world. Yes, my name is Trine and I'm a hippy tree hugger! Then at the very end of my ride, last run, piste b on the home stretch, I was flying along and it was magical and happiness inducing with Florence singing cosmic love. Yes, I have finally embraced the truth - speed is your friend and that song is just so lovely, I felt the need to just raise my arms up to the sky as I was flying along the piste. I was very happy indeed!!!

Then bedlam and mayhem occurred. It's Basscamp this week and a few of us partied hard yesterday. You know it's going to be a good night when it starts with 45% dark rum and coke.... Suffice it to say that whilst I was cleaning today I had spinny rooms. In fact I'm pretty sure I'm still a bit drunk. So going out for a ride to blow out the cobwebs from my fuzzy, booze addled brain!

Popular Posts