Thursday 29 March 2012

The easily led girl

What a couple of weeks eh? Going out the night before changeover, no sleep on Sunday night, partying till the morning light, meeting people, saying hello and goodbye and then hello again. A whirlwind is probably an accurate description of the last couple of weeks. Long may it continue in this vein. Though a little break would be good to recoup some energy and health.

I seem to have found some sort of form, to make the last few weeks in resort a little more exciting. I guess it helps that I am a fully paid up member of the ELC - the easily led club. If it seems like it will be fun then why not do it. Maybe this has something to do with me watching Yes Man a few weeks ago,or maybe it's just that I finally decided to get with the programme and get on with all aspects of my season, not just working hard to be an excellent chalet host. Whatever the reason, I've had the best time over the last few weeks, starting with the Little Idiot, much more mountain time, Ginger Bear, Tremplin, Cafe Chaud, and then friends coming to visit, friends of friends and The Only Way is Essex of course, particularly the part with the "spare room" (no, it has nothing to do with that TV programme, it's a private joke, but if you ask me about it, I might well tell you one day over a beer or two).

We have an end date and it's just over 3 weeks from now. I can't quite believe just how insanely quickly this season has gone. I can believe how people get caught up in season life, it's just not quite enough to do just one, it really isn't.

I'm feeling a bit mixed about going back to the UK. There's so many people I'm desperate to see, really, really excited to catch up with friends, it's just the job situation, the moving, the tedious life stuff that gets in the way of the fun stuff. To do the fun stuff one needs money and time, one of those I have in abundance and am willing to share with all and sundry, the other .... well, let's not worry about it now. The last thing I want to do is have a cloud hanging over me for the last few weeks here, so I'm going to put stuff like that to the back of my mind and hope that all will come good in the end. For now I have only one thing to do, squeeze every last bit of fun out of this situation, this place, these people, this configuration that will never be again and for that reason must be treasured.

Popular Posts