Monday 12 December 2011

Wisdom of youth

A young man once said to me, there will be many more Swainos (sp?) and I hope that the young man turns out to be right! Now if you're not employed at my company or happen to have been in Val d'Isere, Morzine or Meribel in the last few weeks then you won't know what I'm talking about. That's fine, just accept the wisdom.

I am sitting here, on the comfy sofa, enjoying the underfloor heating in my new chalet. The chalet I'll be running from the 19th of December to the 29th (?) of April. I think it's fair to say I'm happy as a clam. (I must admit I'm never sure about that saying, has anyone ever actually ascertained whether a clam is genuinely happy?)..... I must be tired, my mind is going off on random tangents.

Saw my lovely http://warandpiste.com/ girls today on their book promo tour through the Alps. I can't tell you how great it was to see familiar, friendly faces. That's not to say I don't like the people I'm with, but there's just something about seeing friends that brings comfort. Especially when they're such lovely friends. Alex Thomas wrote the most wonderful acknowledgement to me in the book and it made me a bit emotional. So in the quiet, cosy warmth of Dotty's coffee shop in Morzine, a few of us shed a few tears. Thinking about it now makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and has made my eyes leak a little bit again. Thanks for stopping in girls, it was 'rad' and 'sick' to see you! xxx

Short post tonight cos I want to get as much sleep as possible before the deep clean of the chalets starts tomorrow. Yet again, it's going to be a long day with hard, hard work. Followed by a long night with hard, hard drinking. Off to Cavern for free seasonnaire drinks and then L'Etale for free seasonnaire food. Rock on! We get a lie in on Wednesday morning, so that's awesome.

I'm off to my little room under the stairs, cos that's where chalet girls sleep (but this little room has an ensuite wet room and underfloor heating, so don't feel too sorry for me!).

Popular Posts