Wednesday 14 December 2011

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

I'm tired. Deep cleaning is not fun. People are tired and emotions are running high. Interactions can be fraught and tense. Some situations are not easy, some people are not easy, I know I can be one of those people on occasion , but I'm generally quick to apologise when I do snap or make a harsh comment. I feel things keenly and sometimes it takes me a while to warm up again after things have gone awry. I feel the stress of are we going to get it all done? Am I going to get my paperwork filled in correctly and on time? Will my first guests be nice? Will I ruin Christmas dinner for them? Am I going to work well with someone? Will I ever make it on to an actual slope on my snowboard? I feel at times a bit overwhelmed. Those are the worst of times.

When the snow is falling, the sun is shining on the mountains and I'm with good people, it sometimes takes me a minute to grasp that I'm here for the next five months. When I'm surrounded by people from a fair few different walks of life coming together as a unit, enjoying free booze and food for seasonnaires then dancing the night away, I have to remind myself that this is, in fact, all mine for the next five months. Mine to enjoy. Times full of laughter, fun, friendship and great memories being made. There have been plenty of those times so far, thankfully. Those are the best of times.

Right now is tired times. I never thought that cleaning a bathroom could feasibly take 2-3 hours. But then again I don't usually do it with a toothpick, toothbrush, 2 different colour cloths and at least 3-4 different products. I tell you what, those guests had better pull the plug up and appreciate just how clean that plug hole is....

Popular Posts