Friday 2 December 2011

The eagle has landed ... and the fields are green.

YAAAAAAAY! I'm here. The eagle has landed and the fields are green, sounds like code speak between two secret agents dropping off a briefcase full of top secret documents. But it's not, I have landed and the fields are indeed very, very green. There is not a flake of snow to be seen, so it's safe to say that I won't be testing out my new set up just yet.

What a journey! We were late leaving Wimbledon, the ferry was delayed because of bad weather during the crossing and the drive seemed to go on forever. We left Wimbledon about 3:30pm and we got to Morzine at about 11am. Guess what? There was one girl wearing a onesie on the bus, just one, and it WASN'T me!! So far so good though, there's a couple of people that I reckon I'll be spending some quality time with in my resort. Met an awesome girl called Sarah who's just come back from mountaineering in Nepal, she's rad. Shame though she'll be in Verbier for the season.

We're chilling at the chalet at the mo. Had some breakfast, getting settled in, getting acquainted with some of my training buddies and hearing war stories from seasons past. The chalet we're in for training is lush: http://www.vip-chalets.com/chalets/Dakota-Lodge Have a look!

I've heard good things about tips from returning staff, so fingers crossed I'll be able to live off tips and leave my wage in the bank... best laid plans and all that. Better dial up that mega-watt smile and get a polo shirt one size too small! Haha!

Some dude has just walked in, cutting the sag massively, and when he introduced himself he said 'awwright darlin' in a proper geezer accent. There aren't too many hoorays here, I'm guessing that Hugo, Cristabella, Tarquin and Isabella are all in Val d'Isere. Seems like there's more normal people here, less of the silver spoon/trust fund brigade, living off Daddy's Amex crowd. Which is good, cos my Daddy hasn't got an Amex so I wouldn't be able to keep up, it's the budget tour for me and seems like there's a few others that this applies to too.

Shower time and then maybe a wander round the town. Throat feels like crap today, but that's to be expected I guess after 20-21 hours on a bus/ferry/car and no sleep. Going to dose up on painkillers and get on with it.

Check ya laters alligators!

Popular Posts