Saturday 6 February 2010

I like to eat muffins starting at the bottom

Yes, it's true. That's how I like to eat muffins. I think the best bit is the top and therefore I like to leave the best till last. I shared this thought with the boyf the other night, admittedly it did come out of nowhere and we weren't talking about muffins at the time, he said that even for me that was a particularly random comment. Apparently I am prone to making random comments at peculiar times.

I met with a couple of my uni girlfriends yesterday. It was so lovely. Tea and cake and a really good catch up. It always amazes me how friendship comes so easily with some people and even though it was a few months since we last saw each other it felt like no time at all. That's the best kinda friendship I think.

At the shop today for an early one. That's cool though as it gives me time to catch up here and as it's always quiet first thing I can read some of my Kathy Reichs book. I find it so hard to put her books down, I could quite happily just stash myself away somewhere and read cover to cover in one sitting. I was trying to read a bit this morning before getting out of my cosy bed and coming to work, but the pooch ruined it. She was cosy on her rug next to my bed, she made her little groan of happiness and then had a really good stretch, I felt all warm and fuzzy looking at her, then just at the end of her stretch she farted! That was it, time for evacuation of the room, so my reading session was cut short due to dog miasma.

Thinking about the boyf too this morning. He left mega early to go to this: http://www.dynamicadventureracing.co.uk/endurance/index.php
Personally I think he's mental (actually I'm jealous that he's so fit and gets to do such cool stuff at the weekends). It's going to be a long day for him and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it, I'm sure I'll only get a quick rundown this evening before he crashes out and sleeps for an age!

By the way, chicken pie went really well and the following night I made awesome beef meatballs with chorizo in a spicyish tomato sauce, yum! Had some left over so had them in a sandwich the next day with lashings of mayo, even more yum! Don't know yet what's on the menu for tonight, I feel like being creative so I'm sure I'll think of something fab.

Enjoy your weekend!

Popular Posts