Wednesday 30 May 2012

Stick or twist?

Technically it's my birthday. It doesn't feel like it. Settling in to life in Mallorca and the new job. Missing friends and family though. First birthday for a long time that I've not celebrated with the Tunbridge Wells gang. Got a lot on my mind too so it sadly doesn't really feel like it's that important to celebrate.

My parents always made a big deal of my bday when I was a kid. I'd be woken up by the whole family singing in my room. Then I'd go downstairs and Mum would've arranged all my presents on the dining table and put up lots of Danish flags everywhere. She always made the best cakes for me too and of course Dad spoiled me with far too many gifts. Birthdays were awesome. They still are, just in a very different way.

This year my birthday should be fun because the girls I'm working with have decided that I'm turning 30....again! No twist, I'll stick please Mr. Card Dealer. Though technically that's not right. I'm regressing. We'll see what happens with that tonight when we go out....

Birthdays, another year older and another year wiser? Doubtful.
Sent from my BlackBerry®

Popular Posts