Thursday 5 January 2012

Gap yah, New yah.

New Years Eve, with new friends, was spent in a little bar off the beaten Morzine track. This normally chilled out place where we go to have a few demis after work was transformed into a packed tot he rafters, banging, sweating, drunken drum and bass club for the occasion. It was awesome. Saw a lot of seasonnaires in there and mixed in were a few holiday makers that had wandered away from the usual night spots (that were all charging 10-20 Euro entry fee). It was a pretty damn good night!

From new friends to old friends. I had the pleasure of a visit from my dear friend NG. We've been friends since we were 9-10, from school in Spain. It was so brilliant to see her and her boyf (hasn't he done well for himself to have bagged a girl like her!). They stayed at an awesome place that seems like it's stuck in 1974, I'm going to suggest it to other visitors. Le Laurys it's called and it comes complete with wagon wheels festooned in coloured lights, I mean, what more could you want?!

Today I went riding with my Aussie friend Fi. It was cool as. Great snow up top. My board needs a wax though, desperately. Guess I could spring for a tune up with last week's tip money, which FYI was pretty good.

The snow happiness was cut short though when I got home. I discovered I had not received a meat delivery for the evening meal. I didn't get it until ten past seven. Dinner is served at eight. Challenge accepted and challenge won!

Bed now, we have a bonus night off tomorrow, still have to do kid's dinner but not adults. So I'm thinking, breakfast service, riding, apres, kid's dinner, more apres.

Popular Posts