Saturday 17 December 2011

Tears, tartiflette and Tibetan bar

Today was the day, the day the tears came. First cry of the season and we're 17 days in. It's been emotional. So, so, so tired and there seems to be so much to do before Monday. It feels like we've been deep cleaning forever! Someone asked if my fridge had been switched off this morning, unbeknownst to me someone had overloaded the circuit and tripped it and it had turned itself off, but literally only for a couple of minutes. Before we ascertained this, I ended up in floods of tears and getting whisked off by my resort co-ordinator and manager for hugs and reassurance. Thing is, everyone else has their chalets sorted but mine is a tip and that's because it's the one we're using as a base, to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at and hang out in. So, I'm kinda having kittens at the thought of getting this place ready for guests at midday on Monday.

Drama and emotional trauma aside I am happy to be here. It's been snowing so heavily and I know that when I FINALLY get out boarding it's going to be awesome. We were meant to go today but because some people haven't pulled their weight and there seems to be so much to fit in before Monday, our afternoon on the slopes was cancelled. Poo. All is not lost though. We had tartiflette for dinner, cooked by yours truly and by all accounts everyone liked it. Then our manager told us there was a vicious rumour circulating Morzine that there are free seasonnaire drinks at the Tibetan bar. So despite being tired as hell, and old enough to know better than to go out, I'm going to go out. It'll be the last Saturday night for a LONG time that I'll be able to go out without the worry of transfer day happening on Sunday. I've put my glad rags on and put make up on, lots to try to look less like the living dead and more like an alluring chalet girl. There is also a rumour that the ski instructor will be out tonight...

Popular Posts